Friday, August 21, 2009
Mega-Scorpion!
A few weeks ago, I was brushing my teeth before bed when I heard our dog Andy growling outside. That may not sound strange to you, but she VERY rarely growls or even barks. I asked Mitch to go outside and check on everything. A minute later, I hear Mitch run inside and yell for me to come into the yard. A little worried, I ran outside to find Mitch shining the flashlight into the lawn (just a few inches outside of Andy's dogpen). I didn't notice it at first, but suddenly I realized that there was a HUGE scorpion in the grass! Being the whimp that I am, I immediately let out a little scream and started freaking out. I've never seen one that big before... and I quite enjoyed living in the ignorant bliss of thinking that scorpions of that size didn't live around our house! Anyways, Mitch decided that he'd catch it in a jar to show off to everyone. Creepy!! Btw, Andy was trying desperately to stick her paw through the fence and catch it! Thank goodness she couldn't reach.... I'm pretty sure that scorpions aren't the best for her to be playing with!

It's a wonder that I can even fall asleep at night haha I honestly dream about scorpions almost every night... only they're usually even bigger than this and can jump on you and stuff. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!! That thing is humongous!!!!
YUCK!!!
Just wait til October when Any is growling and there is a Triantula in the grass!!! just some things to look forward too ;)
Post a Comment