Friday, August 21, 2009
Gubler Family Reunion
My dad's father's side of the family has had a Gubler family reunion every year for like 50 years. So for as long as I can remember, I have spent the first weekend of August with the Gublers... usually camping in the mountains. This year was actually Mitch's second time coming to the reunion... which is quite the accomplishment! I was sure that after the first one, he'd turn and run away haha. The family is a little crazy, so the reunion is an interesting event for first-timers.... actually, they're interesting no matter how many you've been to :) Anyways, the reunion was held up on Kolob at the community center, which just so happens to be down the road from my mom's family's cabin. My immediate family and grandparents decided to stay at the cabin where we had a toilet and shower. Good choice!! The cabin isn't very big though, so Mitch and I slept in our tent out front. It was pretty stinkin cold, but it was lots of fun. It was great to see all of the extended family (even though I don't know 75% of their names or really even who they are since there's about 250 of us). We love camping and love family traditions, so it was tons of fun for me and Mitch to spend a weekend at the Gubler Reunion!
This is the view from the road in front of our cabin. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment