Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls!

Like always, I decided that I wanted to learn how to do something I haven't really done before. This time, I wanted to learn to make cinnamon rolls. When I was a lot younger, I went through a phase that I LOVED cinnamon rolls, so everytime my family would come to St. George to visit, my Grandma Blake would be waiting for me with everything out to make them! Unfortunately... I never REALLY learned to make them, just helped her pour things into the bowl and things like that. So anyways, a few weekends ago, I asked my mom to teach me how to make them. This was one of the pans that we made....


They were YUMMY. So being the "domesticated" girl that I am, I decided that I would make them again all by myself the next day. Wow. Let me just say, these are quite an ordeal to make, especially when you're all alone. It took me like 4 or 5 hours! But in the end, I made 74 cinnamon rolls! I conveniently baked them in pans like the one above... so that we could run them to people in the ward and some family members. I felt pretty stinkin good about myself after that.... but I'm probably done making cinnamon rolls until next Christmas haha Idk how my mom does it! I swear, she has made some sort of Christmas goodie EVERY DAY in December!

1 comment:

Hafen Crew said...

Hey! We never got cinnamon rolls while we were there! jk You're quite the domesticated girl....cooking, crafting, and quilting...you can't go back to work or when are you going to find time to do it all :)