Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quilt Time!

I'll be the first one to say that I'm not the most crafty person.... but I sure do try! I swear that everyone in my family has the ability to make cute stuff, but I've just never been quite as good at it. I decided to try my hand at something new though, and I'm pretty proud of myself. Lately, my sister in law Robyn has been making baby quilts and after seeing some of them, I decided that I wanted to make one. They are the kind that have the seams sticking out and frayed. Anyways, I was really super excited about my project... and since I have no patience, I made the blanket from start to finish in less than 6 days. In other words, Mitch didn't get much of my attention for a few days :) Anyways, it was a little expensive since I got a lot of flannel and minky material, but it was super fun to make. The way that I rationalized spending the money is that it's big enough to be a crib blanket, so it'll eventually save us money. (I'm not sure that Mitch bought that excuse though) And just to clear up any confusion you may have, no I'm not pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant anytime soon, I just decided to make a baby girl blanket in hopes that one day I'll actually get to have a baby girl! Anyways, of course I'm gonna post some pictures!

So this is the top of the blanket with the frayed edges

And the back of the blanket just looks like a regular quilt...


It's hard to tell, but this white material has a paisley design in it that matched some of the flannel... and Mitch says that it feels like rabbit fur :)


I love all the different textures in the material too, like this mink with raised dots...



And this mink with lines...




And I loved this paisley material that kinda became the inspiration for all the other material choices

3 comments:

Tricia and Aaron said...

very cute!

KylaGroneman said...

ohmygoodness this is adorable. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Carol Swift said...

Very cute! I love making quilts! I remember all the fun ones your mom used to make.