Friday, May 8, 2009

Vegas Vacation!!

A few weeks ago, Mitch and I decided that we needed a little vacation. He's been stressed with school and work, and I work everyday except Sundays...... so we just wanted to get away!! We decided to go on Hotwire and get a room in Vegas for a night. We went down to Vegas on Sunday night and stayed at my brothers (sadly I hardly see his family even though they're still close). We slept in Monday morning and then went to lunch with my sister in law Robyn and my niece Brooklyn. After that, we went to Circus Circus to ride the little rollercoaster....... I'm still not sure how we paid 14 bucks for 20 seconds of excitement haha Then we walked through the Fashion Show Mall. Yes, I said "walked through" because Mitch wouldn't let me walk into a store, let alone shop! Anyways, then we checked into our room/condo at the Trump International Tower. I don't think that either one of us has ever stayed at a 5 star hotel before, so we were pretty excited! We had a really nice room and got to relax for two days! We layed around and watched movies on Monday, which was fun. Then on Tuesday we went to the pool and both got a little fried! Oh, I forgot to mention that Mitch's truck decided it wanted to overheat right as we pulled into Vegas on Sunday, so after sitting on the side of the road for an hour, my brother came to rescue us! So when it came time to come home on Tuesday afternoon, we loaded up on coolent and hoped for the best! We had to pull over before we even made it out of town, again in Glendale, and again in Mesquite.... but we finally made it home about 3 hours later! We now know that there is a leak in a hose somewhere, so that's why it was overheating. Hopefully my brother will be able to fix it tomorrow, because we're currently borrowing my parent's truck. Anyways, the trip was a lot of fun and we both really needed a little vacation from our everyday lives! Like I said, we were pretty excited about the hotel, so I took lots of pictures! Enjoy!



This is the lobby




The most comfortable bed on earth!

The little kitchen



Living Room thingy

Yes, there was a tv in the bathroom mirror!

This tub was huge!!

1 comment:

Tricia and Aaron said...

that looks awesome!! next time, try the Mt. Char;eston hotel. NOt as fancy, but definitly relaxing!!!