I know I've already written about how we have scorpions in our basement, but I thought I'd give a little update. There for a little while, we weren't seeing as many as we had previously. Then all of a sudden we started getting about 2 a day! Luckily the majority didn't make it into the house, they just got caught on our nifty sticky traps! We killed one on our wall in the kitchen the other day though, and I walked into the bathroom barefoot the other night and there was one running around in there! It just reminded me why I should ALWAYS wear shoes in our house! Anyways, I took some pictures of our traps. We have them lining a door that goes into a storage room..... we're pretty sure that's where the majority of them come from. But yeah... here they are!
So this is a view of all of them....
This is a closer view of part of the traps that has the most scorpions on it... they're kinda hard to see, but there's about 7 on them!
And here are about 3 more on another part of the traps!
I'm glad that we're catching a lot of them before they get it, but it just scares me to think about how many probably do get in here that I don't know about! YIKES!!
3 comments:
look at you go! Catchin' scorpions and planting gardens. WOW!! way to be. It looks really good. I love all the trips to the junk yard. I love all the stuff I found there. I still have some that needs to get here. Maybe this summer! I love the flowers in the old stove. That is super cute. Neusch usually ate all the flowers we planted, so I gave up! I'm glad you found the mice by the furnace and I hope the smell is gone. FINALLY!! Take care of Grandma for me. I miss that little one! :)
Wow Val, that's a lot of scorpions. I stepped on one barefooted in our last house, luckily I didn't get stung.
That is too funny! I have a few of those traps myself, but mine are for mice! We are now up to a total of 8! Must of had a batch born over the winter! You think we should be sharing this info on a public blog! It might make it seem like we have dirty, nasty homes with critters everywhere! LOL!
BTW the flower garden is great!
Post a Comment