Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two Months!!

Mitch and I had our two month anniversary of being married yesterday! Wow time has gone by so fast! It's been super fun though and we're enjoying everything that comes along with getting married :)

Since getting married, Mitch has started another semester of college and hopefully it'll be his last before he starts with a radiology program next spring. He'll apply to a few programs around August, but we're really hoping that he'll get into the one at Dixie so we can stay here in St. George! He's also planning on applying for Weber's online program and also at Salt Lake Community College. If he doesn't get into any programs, he's thinking about going into accounting, like his dad and brother Coby. Mitch is still working at the college from 4 to 7 am.... and let me tell you that I'm already forgetting what it's like to sleep straight through the night without the alarm going off at 3:30 and then him falling back into bed at 7!! He's such a trooper, but I have no clue how he can do it! He's my hero :) I'm still working at the LOVELY Pizza Factory haha I've applied for some full time positions at banks and as a receptionist, but it is nearly impossible to find anything right now! I'm just thankful to have ANY job at this point! The budget is tight, but we're surviving.... mainly because we have lots of help and also the blessing of getting to live with Grandma Schmutz rent free! The other day I had a little meltdown about bills and tuition and everything... but Mitch, being my rock like always, calmed me down and I'm sure everything will work out.

The two weeks before Christmas brought more snow to St. George than I've ever seen (and definately tons more than I ever saw growing up in Vegas!!) Mitch built a snowman, only to have it knocked over by our precious little idiot dog, Andy! We love her even though she is seriously insane! I took a couple pictures of the snow... though this is two days after it snowed and a lot of it had already thawed out. The pictures also show off our view from the hill we live on :)






Being married really does come with many treats that I hadn't initially thought about.... such as the calling that Mitch and I recently received in our ward. We are the teachers of the CTR 6 class for primary. We've taught about 3 lessons so far and it's been pretty fun. We're still struggling with making a lesson for 6 year olds last for a full hour, but I'm sure we'll eventually figure something out :D Now I'm just dreading the inevitable talk we're going to have to give in sacrament as the new members in the ward!

Anyways, married life is awesome and I'm so happy to be living with my best friend! He definately puts up with me and my crazy cleaning habits and bad moods and everything haha Being married is going to be a fun little adventure!!

2 comments:

Marie McCulloch said...

i didnt know that mitch was doing radiology. thats what I'm doing! you guys should come here and do it. i know a fun married couple you guys could hang with.

Marie McCulloch said...

i was actually in the program, but then i took a semester off to take care of Tucker, and havent quite made it back in. hopefully they will let me back in.