Little did I know back then, she would one day be MY dog haha. After Mitch and I got married, his parents asked when we were gonna take Andy over to our house. I was a little shocked, but now she's ours! Though she occasionally goes back to his parents house next door, she's been at our house most of our first two months. Now I know this doesn't sound like something to blog about.... but this is NO ordinary dog.... she's what I like to call "our little dummy" or idiot or whatever you'd like to fill in there!
Andy has had her fair share of accidents in her first 8 months! Mitch's parents house has a walk-out basement... so needless to say, the backyard is a full story lower than the front yard. One day Mitch was in the backyard and Andy wanted to go down there.... but instead of walking around the carport and down the hill to him, she walked OFF the carport and fell down to the backyard. I'm pretty sure this is why she is so insane! A few weeks later, her leg was run over while Mitch's mom was backing out of the driveway... which I'm sure hasn't helped with her being crazy.
Since she's moved over here with us, she's had a little problem with our sliding glass door. A month or so ago, we had the door open and we'd let Andy out of her pen to run around for a little bit in the backyard. She decided to try to sneak into the house. We were sitting RIGHT THERE in the living room, so as she started walking in, Mitch stood up to tell her to get out. She got scared and turned around really fast and ran right into the door! And if that isn't bad enough, the other night Mitch let her out to run around and she ran to the door to see me sitting inside..... the door was shut, but she must not have seen it, because she ran full speed into the sliding glass door! She must have been embarassed, because she turned right back around and ran into her doghouse! hahaha she is definately entertaining, but I seriously think she has some brain damage! She often chases her own tale, digs hole after hole in her dog pen, plays with bugs, and will endure any weather sitting outside of her doghouse (including FREEZING snow storms) to make sure she can get a clear view through the sliding glass door of our every move in the living room!
Two weeks ago, Mitch took her to get fixed. When she came back home, she was pretty drugged up. I'm pretty sure that is the ONLY time I will ever see her calm!! She even laid in the house for hours and never attempted to run around or rip anything up! One day later she was back to her hyperactive self though!
So for a little history on her name... she was named after one of our favorite characters on the TV show The Office. Andy Bernard from the office is sort of an over-bearing suck-up who just want to be best friends with everyone. He's also pretty unusually happy all the time. Welp we drfinately named our dog perfectly! She thinks everyone and everything is her best friend! She's crazy excited all the time, but it's why we love her! Here's a picture of what she looks like now and also a video of her trying to constantly attack Mitch!
3 comments:
i don't think she has brain damage, she's just part lab. butterscotch is the exact same way. wait until she starts eating rocks. lol.
sure it's 702-285-7110. what division of the program does he want to get into?
oh...she may be a dummy, but she's still so cute. She reminds me of Roxie
Post a Comment