I haven't been working for the last 4 or 5 weeks, so that's been kinda rough on us poor people. On the other hand, it's been lovely to have a break! I didn't have to work during the holidays, I finished my two quilts, I've cleaned the house a lot, I've done a lot of people's hair, and I've gotten lots of sleep! But honestly, I don't like it when I don't work. I feel like a lazy worthless person that hasn't contributed anything to the world. So I've kinda been a little depressed lately. It's nearly impossible to find a job here in St. George, so I was pretty sure that I would be job searching for months and we'd go into horrible debt. But, 2010 has had happy surprises for me! Not only were we able to pay off all of our debt (except for the truck), but I got a job! I am going to be a teller at Zion's Bank. I am SOOOOOO happy! It felt like a huge burden was taken off my shoulders. It's not a full time job, but I get benefits as long as I work 20 hours a week. So after going a year and a half without health insurance, Mitch and I will finally be able to go to the doctor when we get sick or need check-ups! This will be a really great job that I can stay at until Mitch is out of school and we have kids. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Only 23 more months! haha
Mitch started a new semester at Dixie... he's taking Microeconomics, Statistics, Managerial Accounting, and Writing in Professions. It's only been a week, but I think that he likes his classes so far. He's still working at the college, and he's going to umpire for some baseball tournament. Every Thursday night, Mitch plays with his friends on a city league basketball team. He loves getting out and playing sports. He also claims that "people" refer to him as the "Big Ticket" because he's so amazing at basketball. I have yet to meet those people :)
On a random note, isn't it weird to see what's going on in people's lives that you haven't seen in years? Isn't it weird how some people grew up, some got SUPER weird, and some stayed EXACTLY the same as the day you last saw them. Sometimes when I look back at people from high school, I think that they'll never grow up. Some people thrive on being drama queens and would probably spontaneously combust if they weren't able to update their status on facebook every 5 minutes. No jokes....... Kah-boom!
I have a funny husband. He never ceases to surprise me with funny little comments. Like the other day when he told me that he and Jason Borne are pretty much the same. Or when he randomly told me that I should title our blog "Mitch & Val plus none for now!" I think he's been watching too much Jon and Kate Plus 8!
5 comments:
Oh, after I saw your post title I thought that something happened to your dog! I was so sad!
Yeah, it is funny how people change after high school. It is interesting to see how everyone's lives turn out!
thats how we get the title to our blog. brad came home from school today and said "I've been thinking that we should call your blog Brad and Marie Plus 3." it has been his one great and only contribution. lol. we may be heading up to st. george in a couple of weeks for a quick vaca with the kids. we'll have to get to together for dinner or something.
were you referring to me when you wrote about people from high school being super weird now? be honest :)
by the way...everyone's telling us they think it's a boy...so, i bet it's a girl. i'll let you know when we find out cause i'm tellin you RIGHT now...i want a quilt from you. seriously, you're so talented, val! how much do you charge?
Congrats on the job and being out of debt! That's such an awesome accomplishment. And I really hope I'm not one of those from H.S. (preschool:) )you look at and think "Wow, she's really gotten weird! Hee Hee!
I think you should go with the blog title! He is a pretty funny kid! Congrats on the job, I hope you really enjoy it!
No you can afford to come see us too! YAHOO for us! :)
Post a Comment