Monday, September 14, 2009

Quilt-aholic!

It is official. I'm addicted to quilting! And may I say, it is not a cheap hobby! Just ask Mitch ;) Anyways, after making my first quilt that I posted about a few months ago, I had some left-over fabric. So I decided to get just a few more pieces of fabric and make 2 more quilts out of the leftovers. I made another one for a girl and a boy quilt too. I also decided to try something different with these two. I quilted the top and then attached it to one solid piece of minky for the back. They turned out super cute!




So this is the boy one...



And the girl one. It's a bit more colorful than the other quilts I've made :)




Much to Mitch's dismay, Walmart was having a big sale on tons of cute fabric.... so of course I "had" to buy some :) So this is a little preview of some blankets to come! I'm almost done with the girl one, so I'll post some pictures of it soon.


6 comments:

Marie McCulloch said...

i love the blue and brown one! if you need to make room in your house and have to get rid of it... let me know. :)

KylaGroneman said...

are you sure your not pregnant? and nesting...

Mitch and Val said...

haha YES I'm sure! I'm just gonna be super stocked up on quilts by the time I ever do get pregnant! That's why I need friends to keep having babies... so I have an excuse to keep making them :)

Carol Swift said...

Is that a rag quilt using minky? I love it!

Hafen Crew said...

I love the quilts they are super cute! Just tell Mitch you have to have something to do since he's studying all the time! Your next ones will be just as darling!

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

I am in love with your quilts! I got to see the ones from Oak City and I was hooked! you have a wonderful talent! Keep up the good work, Lynette